MINISTER RICHARD BRUTON has announced new export contracts worth €8 million were created during a trade mission to Canada.
Enterprise Ireland said the three-day trade mission to Canada, which involved 30 companies, was successful. The mission was led by Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton TD, who returned to Ireland this weekend.
The contracts and partnerships secured during the trade mission include:
- Lincor Solutions (Cork), a life sciences company, announced over $4 million CAN in new business with hospitals in Quebec and Newfoundland
- Leading Edge Group (Cork), a business process and consultancy company announced several major contracts worth over $350,000 CAN with new clients including the Ministry of Health in Alberta
- FINEOS Corporation (Dublin), a provider of claims management software, announced a significant contract with the Manitoba Teachers Society
- Dundalk-based Multihog Ltd announced a significant deal with Vancouver Airport
- Waterford company ZolkC announced that they are providing interpretive audio tours for over 20,000 Canadian users at two of the top Canadian tourist sites. The CN Tower turned green during the Minister’s visit to mark the announcement.
Exports to Canada by Enterprise Ireland clients rose by 19 per cent to €224m in 2011. Significantly, it is hoped that exports for 2012 will increase by a further 20 per cent.
Ireland Minister Bruton said that indigenous exporting companies currently directly and indirectly employ over 300,000 jobs in Ireland.
If we are to create the jobs and growth we need we must build on this to improve the performance of our domestic industries, and through the Action Plan for Jobs we are providing a range of improved supports to help achieve his.
He said the 30 companies on the mission to Canada have seen significant benefits in terms of new business won and new contacts made which will lead directly to increases in exports, and ultimately more jobs in Ireland.
Over the course of the three-day trade mission, Minister Bruton participated in a total of over 20 meetings and engagements. This is his twelfth major trade/investment mission since taking office in March 2011.