A SUSPICIOUS DEVICE discovered in Dublin’s North Wall this morning has been declared a hoax. Gardaí have confirmed that the device was found at Seville Place this morning and the area was closed off at 7.50am. An army bomb disposal team was called in and declared the device to be a hoax. The area was reopened at around 9.30am.
# bomb-scare - Friday 11 July, 2014
The homemade bomb was viable, but was defused at the scene.
# bomb-scare - Tuesday 8 July, 2014
The device was found to be viable, before being made safe this afternoon.
# bomb-scare - Friday 7 February, 2014
The threat came as the Winter Olympics got under way.
# bomb-scare - Friday 31 January, 2014
The device was defused without a controlled explosion.
# bomb-scare - Monday 23 December, 2013
This is perfect.
# bomb-scare - Saturday 21 December, 2013
A telephone warning has led to the closure of two busy city streets.
# bomb-scare - Tuesday 22 October, 2013
He’d forgotten to fill out all the paperwork, and tried to delay the event.
# bomb-scare - Thursday 17 October, 2013
A suspicious bag led to the evacuation of the square.
# bomb-scare - Thursday 28 February, 2013
Both devices were declared non-viable after an investigation overnight.
# bomb-scare - Thursday 16 August, 2012
The flight from New York made an emergency landing after an anonymous phone call said there were explosives on board.
# bomb-scare - Tuesday 31 July, 2012
A bomb squad attended the scene after the suspicious package was found under a vehicle. However it’s thought that the object is not dangerous.
# bomb-scare - Thursday 26 July, 2012
The squad spent over two hours examining the device in the Farranree area and carrying out a controlled explosion.
# bomb-scare - Wednesday 23 May, 2012
A can with the word ‘bomb’ written on it was found on board the plane after it had taken off from Melbourne for Mauritius.
# bomb-scare - Wednesday 7 March, 2012
The army bomb disposal squad was called to the scene this morning but have said that the suspicious object was “harmless”.
# bomb-scare - Thursday 22 December, 2011
Johnna Woolfolk had her husband stopped as she believed he was on his way to meet another woman, the FBI said.
# bomb-scare - Friday 2 September, 2011
The viable devices were made safe at an area of waste ground in Finglas.
# bomb-scare - Sunday 28 August, 2011
The PSNI had received a phone call this morning, warning that a bomb was in the area. It has since been declared a hoax
# bomb-scare - Monday 22 August, 2011
Two masked men entered a branch of Santander bank, dropped the device and issued threats before escaping.
# bomb-scare - Thursday 21 July, 2011
# bomb-scare - Tuesday 7 June, 2011
# bomb-scare - Saturday 21 May, 2011
The man is not believed to have any connections to dissident republicanism. A viable device was discovered on board a bus on Monday prior to the Queens visit.
# bomb-scare - Tuesday 17 May, 2011
The suspicious device was found earlier this afternoon on Dublin’s northside, just as Queen Elizabeth II was set to touch down in Ireland for visit.
It’s all systems go for Queen Elizabeth II’s first ever trip to the Republic. Enda Kenny says he hopes protesters don’t embarass the country as the eyes of the world’s media turn on Ireland.
A viable IED was discovered on a bus in Maynooth last night, while a security alert at the Luas stop in Blackhorse this morning has been declared a hoax.